A few days ago ENiGMA½ was released and I completely forgot to post here until now!
A ton of bug fixes, and minor changes have gone in since 0.0.7-alpha but below is a list of some of the major things.
- First and foremost, RiPuk has created a new website site for ENiGMA½ news, information, and docs. Go check it out!
- Mystic BBS style extended pipe color codes. These allow for example, to set "iCE" background colors.
- File descriptions (FILE_ID.DIZ, etc.) now support Renegade |## pipe, PCBoard, and other less common color codes found commonly in BBS era scene releases.
- New menu stack flags:
noHistorynow works as expected, and a new addition of
popParent. See the default
- File structure changes making ENiGMA½ much easier to maintain and run in Docker. Thanks to RiPuk! See UPGRADE.md for details.
- Switch to
farmhash. Too many issues on ARM and other less popular CPUs with farmhash (Dave Stephens)
- Native CombatNet support! (Dave Stephens)
- Fix various issues with legacy DOS Telnet terminals. Note that some may still have issues with extensive CPR usage by ENiGMA½ that will be addressed in a future release.
- Added web (http://, https://) based download manager including batch downloads. Clickable links if using VTXClient!
- General VTX hyperlink support for web links
- DEL vs Backspace key differences in FSE
- Correctly parse oddball INTL, TOPT, FMPT, Via, etc. FTN kludge lines
- NetMail support! You can now send and receive NetMail. To send a NetMail address a external user using Name format from your personal email menu. For example, Foo Bar <123:123/123>. The system also detects other formats such as Name @ address (Foo Bar@123:123/123)
- oputil.js: Added
mb areafixcommand to quickly send AreaFix messages from the command line. You can manually send them from personal mail as well.
oputil.js fb rm|remove|del|deletefunctionality to remove file base entries
- Users can now (re)set File and Message base pointers by date
- Fix @watch path support for event scheduler including FTN, e.g. when looking for a toss!.now file produced by Binkd.
- A whole ton more...